I associate like mad. A lot of things I hear and see make other things I heard, have seen and experienced pop up.
Not very decent to start with an other video when you want to show appreciation to a person and his work.
So I … I did. Just for the setting.
Take time and listen, look, read, think…
But do ask you to take 25 minutes, perhaps more of your life to be inspired by Tim Minchen*.
It is always worthwhile to meet great new people. Most often they them selves and many others know that they are there already for a longer time… A little journey on the web brought me him.
I have given a lot of speeches myself and respect any other that take time to share. I might not like all of his opinions and approaches, but who cares.. I value this man a lot..
A lovely doctorate speech made me curious and I started searching for more about this man from (for me) down-under Australia.
The first video is a bit long. But still look at it and listen.
To support you. A brief outline of his 9 lessons in life.
- You do not need to have a dream
- Short term goals
- Be aware
- No long term dream
- Do not seek happiness
- Is like organism (where is the blood)
- Make others happy
- It is all luck
- To be here
- Lucky that
- Work hard, you did not made your power source
- Empathy is intuitive but something you can work up on
- Sport, yoga
- Take care of your body
- Depression defeated by exercise
- Be hard on your opinions (are like assholes.. everybody has one)
- Constantly examined
- Art can be connected to science
- Science is a term
- Be a teacher
- Share your ideas
- Define yourself by what you love
- Pro stuff not anti stuff.
- Express your appreciation
- Praise to who you admire
- Respect people with less power then you
- Judge people about how they treat the less powerful
- Do not rush
- You need to do what to do with rest of your life
- Take time, do not panic
Do not seek meaning…. i am a romantic…. You soon be death
One thing to do with empty existence:
Learn, Be proud, Share, be compassionate, Love, Sex, Art, climb mountains Ect.
Other nice things
More about Tim